Laser Vein Therapy
Laser Vein Therapy | Murrieta Valley Surgical Associates
Laser Vein Treatment
To help patients regain confidence in their appearance, the Vein Clinic at Murrieta Valley Surgery Associates offers laser vein therapy. Using the Cutera CoolGlide™ laser, our endovascular specialists provide non-invasive, effective alternatives to traditional sclerotherapy. With this state-of-the-art treatment, our team can eliminate the appearance of spider veins quickly and successfully.
What are Spider Veins?
Spider veins are clusters of tiny blood vessels that develop close to the surface of skin. Caused by damage to the valves that control blood flow within veins, there are several factors that can lead to the development of spider veins, including age, heredity, and hormonal changes.
While spider veins are typically considered a cosmetic nuisance, there are certain health implications created by the condition. In instances where improper blood flow prevents oxygen from reaching the skin or veins from working properly, patients can be at risk for skin ulcers, be prone to easy bleeding, and may experience vein inflammation. In extreme cases where blood clots form in the swollen or damaged vein, individuals may be at risk of thrombosis.
Where Can Cutera CoolGlide™ be Used?
The Cutera laser is designed to specifically target hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen. Laser light is then absorbed by the hemoglobin, which stimulates blood coagulation and seals off spider veins. After treatment, the vessels slowly fade and are reabsorbed by the body.
At our practice, we use Cutera Vein Therapy to treat:
- Varicose veins: Large, swollen blood vessels that usually develop on the legs or ankles, which. can appear thick and raised.
- Reticular veins or feeder veins: Superficial veins that become enlarged due to an increase in pressure. These can appear blue and green.
- Spider veins or telangectasias: Small twisted blood vessels that appear on the legs and face in a spider web pattern.
The CoolGlide™ laser can also be used to reduce the appearance of port-wine stains, cherry angiomas, scars, warts and blood blisters. For patients with more extensive vascular problems, Murrieta Valley Surgery Associates offers a number of other laser and non-laser treatment options more appropriate for stubborn vascular issues, particularly bulging varicose veins.
Who is a Candidate?
Unlike sclerotherapy and endovenous vein therapy, the CoolGlide™ laser therapy is non-invasive, targeting spider veins from outside the body rather than within. Thus, patients experience minimal discomfort during treatment and typically do not need anesthesia.
Cutera CoolGuide™ laser therapy is ideal for:
- Patients with spider veins in delicate parts of the body, including the face and neck
- Patients fearful of needles
- Patients who are allergic to the chemical used in sclerotherapy
- Patients with patches of multiple spider veins or veins that are too small to be injected.
Call us Today
At the Vein Clinic of Murrieta Valley Surgery Associates, our vascular surgeons provide lasting, successful outcomes. Call and schedule your spider vein consultation today and learn more about our innovative approach to improving patient confidence.