Education & Resources
Murrieta Valley Surgery Associates Educates You On Weight Loss Surgery
Bariatric Surgery outcome vary greatly from one individual to the other. Successful outcomes depends on the individual’s motivation and readiness to embrace all the necessary changes that are needed for a lifestyle change. Education is at the core of adapting and adopting to those changes. We believe that the more you know as a bariatric patient, the more you become equipped to embrace the changes. Listed below are links to a wide variety of information and websites:
American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
is the largest society for this specialty in the world. The vision and Mission of the ASMBS includes the following:
- Advancing the science of metabolic and bariatric surgery and increase public understanding of obesity.
- Fostering collaboration between health professionals on obesity and related diseases.
- Providing leadership in metabolic and bariatric surgery the multidisciplinary management of obesity.
- Advocating for health care policy that ensures patient access to prevention and treatment of obesity.
- Serving the educational needs of our members, the public and other professionals.
National Institutes of Health
Official website of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). NIH is one of the world's foremost medical research centers. An agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the NIH is the Federal focal point for health research. The NIH website offers health information for the public as well as medical professionals. The website has an A-Z index on various health topics, NIH health resources, clinical trials, health hotlines, MEDLINEplus, drug information, and more.
American Diabetes Association
The American Diabetes Association is the nation’s leading nonprofit health organization providing diabetes research, information and advocacy. The mission of the organization is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
American Dietetic Association
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and registered dietitian nutritionists, the food and nutrition experts. The American Dietetic Association promotes optimal nutrition and well-being for all people by advocating for its members.
Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention, Inc. (EDAP)
NEDA supports individuals and families affected by eating disorders, and serves as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care. NEDA envisions a world without eating disorders.
Obesity Action Coalition
The mission of Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) is to elevate and empower those affected by obesity through education, advocacy and support. They continue to educate patients, family members and the public on obesity and morbid obesity.
The leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information. Providing credible health information, supportive community, and educational services by blending award-winning expertise in content, community services, expert commentary, and medical review.
National Sleep Foundation
Sleep is not merely a “time out” from our busy routines; it is essential for good health, mental and emotional functioning and safety. Check out this website to learn whether you're getting the quality -- and quantity -- sleep you need.
SELF MONITORING AND FOOD TRACKING APPS AND WEBSITES
- MyFitnessPal.com or www.myfitnesspal.com
- MyNetDiary or www.mynetdiary.com
- ControlMyWeight by Calorie King or www.calorieking.com
- Calorie Tracker by Livestrong or www.livestrong.com/myplate
- Diet Assistant – Weight Loss or www.dietassistantapp.com
- Lose it! Or www.loseit.com
- Diet & Food Tracker –Spark people or www.sparkactivitytracker.com
- Tap and Track – Calorie counter or www.tapandtrack.com
- Fit day or www.fitday.com